With your help,
we can win!
||Click the video above to meet some of more than 220 orphans and needy children who are currently part of Sahaya's sponsorship program.
VOTING HAS BEEN CLOSED - WE WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WHEN THE RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED.
Many thanks to everyone who supported us! You are all heroes.
Your vote in the Heroes of the Heart program can be worth $5,000 to help 14 orphaned and needy children in our program
It only takes a minute to vote, but can mean a life-time for those kids.
"Sahaya International and its founder, Koen Van Rompay, were recently nominated as a possible recipient of the CTK Foundation's 2012 Heroes with a Heart (HWH) award (www.communitytech.net/foundation).
The CTK Foundation selects the grant recipients, which receive $5,000, solely based upon the number of votes each nominee receives on the Community TechKnowledge Facebook page.
Update: April 16:.
We offer our apologies, but for reasons beyond our control, the foundation decided to reopen the voting contest for an additional 36 hours:
From Monday April 16, 10 pm California time
= Tuesday 7:00 am Central European Summer Time
= 10:30 am Indian time
Wednesday April 18, 10 am California time
= 19:00 CEST
= 22:30 Indian time
Because Sahaya was first at the time when the Foundation’s facebook page stopped accepting votes on April 16, we are very frustrated and disappointed. Personally I was ready to give up. However, many of my friends told me they want to continue. In addition, I was also thinking of how we want to use the $5000 award to help 14 needy children in our programs in India/Africa for one full year. These kids and their families In India/Africa face so many challenges in their daily life. On their behalf, we take up this challenge again and make a final effort, and once again, give it our best. .We were able to win once so we can do it again.
We can understand if you are exhausted and we respect that. If you have energy left and are ready to take up the challenge, even for a few minutes, this is our strategy:
- Think of somebody who may become a “spark of love” to tap into new networks and get more votes. Those sparks of love can be your roommate, neighbor, or a friend or relative across the globe.
Tell them to use this strategy:
- Log into facebook and see which friends are online (green dots)
- Click on a green dot, and copy and paste the following message:
- Urgent final effort: voting deadline is now Wed April 18 , 10 am California /Pacific time.. Your vote helps a charity win $5000 to help 14 orphans in India/Africa for a year. To vote, go to www.facebook.com/CommunityTechKnowledge?v=app_251110341650571&app_data=vote_entry_id%3D3930540%26wlbb%3D1 then “Like” the page and vote for Sahaya International. Then look for FB friends who are online (green dot) or likely to be online soon, and copy and paste this whole message in their chatbox. Together we can do this, so please be that spark of love for the kids. Many thanks!
Contact such sparks of love via e-mail, phone, facebook or other ways. We will post reminders and updates on my facebook page and Sahaya International’s facebook page. Feel free to share and repost.
Tell your sparks of love: “Ready, set, begin!”
Many thanks and regards,
Koen Van Rompay (founder, Sahaya International)
If we are selected for the $5,000 award, it will be used to add 14 needy children who are currently on our waiting list, to our orphan sponsorship program, so they can meet their basic needs of food, clothing and education.
BUT ONLY WITH YOUR SUPPORT CAN WE WIN.
WE NEED YOU!
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU USE FACEBOOK ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE, PLEASE USE THE MOBILE WEB BROWSER TO OPEN FACEBOOK (BECAUSE THE FACEBOOK APP. OFTEN DOES NOT WORK TO VOTE).
If you like to simple cast a vote, that is also great. This is the easiest way:
- Go to http://odmcustomersupport.createsend4.com/t/r/l/dtzkrd/slhguhkk/h/
- Click "LIKE" in the upper right hand corner of the picture of the Hero.
- Below the picture, click the tab "HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES" A list of organizations and the first name and last initial of the nominated volunteer will appear below that. Look for Sahaya International/ Koen Van Rompay. If necessary, scroll through to the next pages (see links on the bottom) until you find US!
- To vote, simply click the "VOTE" box below the name of the Organization Name and Volunteer Name.
PLEASE SHARE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VOTE WITH YOUR FRIENDS IN DIFFERENT WAYS:
- While on CTK voting page, click "Tell your friends to vote for a hero.", and specify them to vote for Sahaya International and to also spread it the same way among their friends. This will be posted on your facebook page
- Join our Facebook event "vote for Sahaya & give $5,000 to sustain 14 orphans for 1 year", and then use the button on the top right to "INVITE FRIENDS" to this event, so they will be reminded as we approach April 15.
- You can also send an e-mail to all of your friends to get involved with the information on this page..
Let's get this campaign go viral!
The $5,000 will support 14 orphans and needy children.
Please note: only one vote per nonprofit category is allowed per Facebook account, so choose wisely!
TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS.....
SO PLEASE VOTE AND TELL, ENCOURAGE, AND INSPIRE YOUR FRIENDS TO DO THE SAME..
Vote vote vote vote.....
To download the graphic here below to use as easy reference guide, click here or use right-click(save as...) for the pdf, and click here or use right-click (save as...) for the jpg format.
Praveen is from a very poor rural family in our area in southern India, and is a very bright student. In his 10th standard public exam, he scored marks of 445 out of 500.
His dream in life is to become a medical doctor. If we are awarded the Heroes of the Heart award, we will assure that he can continue his education.
So please help us by voting and spreading the word.